MUSEUM SELFIE DAY
Museum Selfie Day on the third Wednesday in January invites the general public to go to a museum and take a selfie. The day promotes awareness of great collections of work stored in museums.
Many museums don’t allow cameras. There is one day that they make an exception, however. On Museum Selfie Day, participating museums encourage visitors to take a selfie next to their favorite piece of art. Besides going to the museum to take a selfie, there are many other reasons to check out a museum.
Here are some of those reasons:
- It’s been proven that people are happier when they spend money on experiences rather than stuff and going to a museum offers a great experience.
- One of the primary roles of museums is to engage and educate the community, so going to museums on a regular basis makes you smarter.
- Museums are a great place to meet friends and neighbors or to take in a professional development class, book signing, or wine festival.
- Since they are nonprofit entities, museums need supporters and donors in order to continue educating and inspiring members of their community.
- With 55,000 museums in the world, there is a good chance you will find one where you live.